Monday, February 13, 2012

OOTN : ILLAMERICA Launch Party

On Jan. 28th of this year I attended the ILLROOTS launch party for their new clothing line ILLAMERICA. I went along with a few girls friends and had a blast! My best friend Ebony and I are always dressed to impress, so I figured I would do a sort of OOTD(night in this case) to show off just how simple but gorgeous we looked! :)  Most of the attendees were in very causal dress ( jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, a few leather jackets here and there, etc), but we came in wearing this!
That is Ebony to the left and me to the right.

Ebony is wearing a dress from Forever 21. It is a fitted, animal print dress in black and white as you can see. If I remember right I think there is a little bit of a scoop in the back. This is a great dress for girlies with curves! Eb has a nice round curve on her backside(lol); this dress definitely flatters it! She also has great hips that this dress hugs nicely.

Her accessories were very simple, its best to keep accessories simple with a dress like this. The dress already has so much going on, that too many accessories can really pull away from it. For Eb's accessories she wore just a small pair of earrings and a bracelet. She later put on her favorite pair of glasses. These arent your ordinary pair of prescription glasses, they are jazzy glasses!

They are a pair of nerdy, cheetah print glasses that she jazzed up with a gold chain. Check out her blog to see these "sexy grandma glasses" as I like to call them lol.

As for me, my outfit had a little more going on. Mostly because my dress was very simple, I added more accessories to make my outfit sparkle lol. I wore my tan, shoulder strap dress I bought from Akira. This was the second time I wore this dress so I tried something different this time around. Instead of wearing the shoulder strap, I tucked it down inside of the dress to make it look strapless. A little bit of the mesh part popped out at the boob area but I sort of liked that! I added a studded jean jacket that I borrowed from Eb (I plan on stealing it from her because I love it so much!).

For accessories, I wore some oversized flower stud earrings, a four tear neckless, and my gold feather ring. All of my accessories are from Forever 21.

As far as shoes go, I wore my light pink, peep toe pumps from AGACI. They look a little oversized in the picture but they fit just fine!  Eb wore a pair of black boots from Urban Outfitters.

To find out more info on ILLROOTS new line visit illameri.ca. Also, check out Ebony's blog and videos at flashion.org.

Catch ya later beauties! :)


Love,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment